Monday, June 30, 2008

The creation of a new catch phrase!

Aighty, for this one, we'll need everybody's participation. Today, you will witness the start of a new catch phrase! Move over Shakespeare, we are going to change the spoken English language! So here it is:

"When I was my age, ..."

Usage:

1. The current state of affairs: When I was my age, I was the coolest kid on the block.

2. A statement of the norm: When I was my age, people didn't steal other people's girlfriends.

3. A sarcastic response to a well known fact. When I was my age, a nickel only cost a nickel. (meaning: thank you, captain obvious)

As of right now - July 1, 2008, there are Google 17 entries for "when I was my age":

Let's see how long it will take for this phrase to catch on. 5 years? 10 years? The countdown will officially stop when it gets picked up by a writer for a movie or tv show. I want to hear people saying this EVERYWHERE!

So people! Get to it! Be a part of the history of the English language and say it to everyone you know!

No comments: